Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Birthday Boy and Craziness Around It

So Dan's birthday was this last week (Dec. 7). I had some ideas of what to do for his birthday but he had so much stuff to do before this week that we kept it simple. On Wednesday, I took work off and we headed to Idaho Falls. We stopped by Men's Warehouse to discover he had $50 credit. They had a buy one get one free sale going on. We got him 2 new dress shirts and 2 really nice ties. We then headed over to Red Robin for some birthday burgers. They sang to him and he got a small ice cream sundae. They even gave him balloons that they made him put behind his ears while they sang. It was quite enjoyable. I'm so lucky to have such an amazing husband who is a big kid at heart.

Birthday Boy

Balloons!!!!
Christmas is a week and a half away!!!!! I'm so excited. We're going to Spokane to see my family. Dan and I both need a break. I've been trying to get into the Christmas spirit lately. I've been listening to Christmas music, watching some Christmas movies, I even semi-decorated the apartment. I made a wreath for the door and I love it. I keep getting complements on it and that's always nice.

The Wreath
Even after all that it still doesn't fully feel like Christmas. You want to know why. Because there is NO SNOW. In Rexburg Idaho there is no snow (funny enough as I write this, it's snowing outside ;)). It has snowed here but it never stays. It always melts away within that afternoon or the next day. So we'll see if this time is any different. I just don't want a ton of snow to make it where we can't leave for Christmas. 
What it looked like yesterday.


1 comment:

  1. Rexburg with no snow?? I'm shocked! I think Rexburg ruined Christmas for me because now it doesn't feel like Christmas until I see snow. No snow in CA :(

    ReplyDelete