Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Avocado and Apple Chicken Salad

So lately Dan and I have decided to embark on a new "diet" plan. We both have a few extra pounds we'd like to get rid of and we noticed our eating habits needed to change a little if that was going to be achieved. Well Dan has lost 7 lbs and I have lost 4 lbs in about a week and a half. It's not perfect but with doing some different things we can make it happen. So today I made this new recipe I found on The Biggest Loser website (love that show). It was delicious. I haven't gotten Dan's review of it yet but at least for me it will be made again.

Avocado and Apple Chicken Salad




2 cups of cooked chicken or turkey breast
1 cup of diced red sweet apples (I used Gala)
1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
1/4 cup toasted pecans (I did sliced almonds)
1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1 1/2 tablespoon chopped mint (about 10 leaves)
1 1/2 tablespoon chopped jalapeño, seeded (optional)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 fully ripe avocado, seeded and diced
4 cups of greens

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and serve over the mixed greens.

Serves 4

*I also added a little Raspberry vinaigrette




1 comment:

  1. Good for you guys. Losing 7 and 4 lbs is a great start!

    ReplyDelete